Friday, July 10, 2009

Passport

Finally got Irene's birth certificate and passport today!!!! Next week it will be off to the embassy to start the visa process. We actually had to go to the immigration office to get the passports. We got to sit outside under the tent with all of the people waiting to get passports. It must have been 50-75 people waiting, we were the only mzungus. I was hoping to get Andrew's also, but it didn't happen. But on a positive note the guy who signs the passports wants to marry a mzungu from the US and he likes his women like most Ugandans do, fat=). It should make things easy if I have to go back for Andrew's passport.
Thanks for all of the prayers. We are hoping to make it back home on July 28th. We are still working on our list of food we want to eat the first week. Last night we went to a pub that served ice in their cokes. I had 3!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't ovevr indulge yourself..LOL Bet you never thought you'd be so happy to see a Jack's!

Sasa said...

So exciting! Congratulations! Isn't it encouraging to be in a society that things big is beautiful? When I was there I actually had a woman walk up and pat my behind and then give me two thumbs up! I would've died from embarrassment if she hadn't been so impressed...