Monday, May 4, 2009

Light bulb Moments

In First Grade, we have what we call 'Light bulb Moments'. It is when no matter how hard you have been teaching or how many times or ways you teach a concept a student just doesn't understand it. You go on and weeks later all of a sudden the student understands. You haven't done anything different. They just get it. The light bulb has come on.

Lately I have been having a few light bulb moments of my own. God has been revealing things to me. He has had to show me in many different ways, by many different people, but I am finally getting it. I thought I would share with everyone some of the things I am learning.

A few weeks ago, I was reading on Brent Riggs' site, brentriggs.com. He was talking about how America had moved so far away from God. He explained that he thought because of our prosperity as a nation, we no longer felt the need to rely on God. Because God had blessed us a a nation that worshipped Him and were in His will we promptly turned our back on Him. 'We can take care of ourselves, we don't need God. We're doing just fine, maybe even better. We don't like Your plan God it is too hard.'
Sound like anyone you know? Maybe those complainers from the Old Testament.

So the question is are we going to learn from the Israelite's mistakes or is history going to repeat itself? Can we come together as Christians and change the direction our country is going? Can we change the way we think as a nation? It's not all about me and what I want to do. It is doing what God wants us to do. Can we turn loose of what has become the American dream, more, more, and more things? I am challenging myself to let go of the things that I think I can't live without and use that money to help those with less. I am trying to seek God's will more. I am trying to hear the still, small voice leading me.

No comments: