Thursday, April 9, 2009

Consumed

I had a friend who was visiting from out of town ask me about my adoption. Her question was "Does it consume you?" My answer was YES!! You can't think about anything else.

When will that form be ready?
When will DHR be finished with my home study?
When will USCIS be finished with it?
Can I actually get everything done and travel in May?
When can I make travel arrangements?
What do I need to pack?
What do I need to buy?
What else can I do to raise money?
What do my children look like?
What are they doing right now?
What size are they?
Will they like me?
What will I do with my time in Uganda?
How many people can I help while I'm there?
Will I make the best use of my time?
Will I get to take care of my children as soon as I get guardianship of them?
When will I get to bring them home?

Theses questions play on a continuous loop in my head. I wake up in the middle of the night: "God please bless and protect my babies, whoever they are and wherever they are. Let me get to them soon and hold them in my arms."

I am not worried about these things. I know God is in control of it all. I just want my answers now.
I used to think I was a fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl. This is a whole different ball game.


Yes I am consumed.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Tanya, Thanks for writing me. You are not too far from us at all! That is great. So tell me all about it. What orphanage? What got you into wanting to adopt from Uganda? Nice to meet you. Maybe we can meet in person. Blessings, Melissa

Unknown said...

Tanya, DHR in AL is slow. Ask your SW to see if they can expedite your homestudy approval on the basis that the court systems shut down in June and July. and that you are a teacher and would need to get back from traveling before august. It never hurts to see if they can do it.
USCIS can be expedited as well, just ask them. I have an email for them that you can contact after you get your homestudy approval.
Have you been to Uganda before?

I also help adoptive parents raise money with my art. And I can talk to you about that as well. if you want.

Tanya said...

I have heard that the person at DHR that will be processing my home study is pretty fast(2 weeks). Someone told me if I contact my Senator they can help expedite my USCIS stuff. It is all in God's hands. He knows what I want, but I will do what He says. I just really hope it happens in May. I will definitely give Him all the glory for it. I would love to talk to you more. I am in desperate need of fundraising help. I have never been to Uganda. If you like you can email me at t_erolltide@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Hey Tanya, so glad you were encouraged by the devotional. That sounds awesome about the fast! Please let me know what happens! I love to see God work. Melissa