Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Lesson On Waiting

If you have read my earlier posts, you know this journey started a while ago.  Our Care Group lesson this week was on waiting on the Lord and His will for our life.  Yes He hears our prayers, he knows our needs better than we do.  But waiting on the next step can be so hard.  I could see how God has worked in my life so much during this lesson.  

One of the topics in this lesson was Active Waiting.  The characteristics of active waiting was spending time with God through prayer and reading His word, being silent(boy that one can be sooo hard)and listen for his direction, waiting for God to strengthen you, and not comparing yourself to others(jealousy and envy).  Anyone who has adopted knows that it is a "hurry up and wait" process.  God has been so good to teach me so much through this process and I praise him for the lessons.  

Thank you God for helping me see you working in me and through me.  Help me to always stay connected to You and Your will for me.  Help me learn what You want to teach me.  God I praise you in the waiting!!!

No comments: