Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another Year Ago Today



A year ago today, we left Uganda. At the time I was so ready to get my children, my aunt and my self home. I am still holding a grudge against the Belgium airport and Newark airport. They didn't make it easy, but we made it home finally.
It has been quite a year. We hit the ground running, as I went back to work 2 days after we got home. The kids have grown and changed and so have I. They have both grown over 6 inches taller. Andrew has put on 14 pounds and Willa Rae has put on 8. They learned to walk 2 weeks after we got home on the same day!!!! and haven't slowed down yet. They are talking, singing, laughing, giggling, drumming, and playing tornadoes. I can't think of what my life would be without them. It makes me cry to think of their birth mothers that no longer have them.
I am looking forward to what the next year will bring. More growth and changes for us all. And as much as I was ready to leave Uganda, I want to return just as bad!!!!! I hope that will happen in the next year also.

No comments: