Saturday, November 24, 2007

Where will the money come from?

I have finally found the time to post again.
As with all journeys, the next question after deciding where you are going, is how you are going to get there and pay for the trip. I have prayed and as always, God provides the way.

I want to thank my friends Glen and Margie for getting my adoption fund started. They gave me the opportunity to work during my summer vacation as their fill in nanny. Thanks guys! You have no idea what it means to me that you helped me in this way.

I have also put into play my craftiness as a first grade teacher. During Halloween I made trick-or-treat buckets out of the food cans from our school lunchroom. Our local pumpkin patch allowed me to come and sell them on Saturdays for free. Thanks again to my friend Ricky at the pumpkin patch.



I have now begun making Christmas crafts and decoratios to sell. I am making Santa Clause buckets that are like the trick-or-treat buckets and I am filling them with homemade cookies to sell. I have always loved to bake and cookies are my favorites. The ones that are most often requested are white chocolate chip and macadamia nut or chocolate chip with caramel and pecans. I am also baking homemade sour cream pound cakes that are shaped like a Christmas cottage.

I will post pictures soon.

As with everything God is showing me the path to take for my journey.

I hope everyone has a blessed holiday.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I love that you have a blog that you haven't posted on in 11 months! GIRL. . get back on it!

Brandi